•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SiTech question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Benach

Benach

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:34 PM

Hi All,

Am currently configuring a SiTech II with a motor encoder on both axis and a shaft encoder on each axis. In RA every goes smooth and normal, but in Declination it is very weird. As soon as I press a button in the SiTech software, the motor will turn a fraction of a second, it is engaged to the worm gear and worm, but then goes "In Blinky" very shortly afterwards. Motors and all four encoders seem to be installed correctly. By resetting I can restart the system but a permanent solution has not been found yet.

It seems to me that there is something wrong in the configuration data. When I use the motor in RA, the number of motor encoder tics and shaft encoder tics both increase approximately at the same speed. In Declination this does not increase the same way although the gear ratios seem to be filled in correctly. See attachments to see what I mean.

Anybody got an idea? Cheers,

Benach

Attached Thumbnails

• After slew.JPG
  • Before slew.JPG

#2 freestar8n

freestar8n

Vendor - MetaGuide

• Vendors

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Hi-

I have things working well with Scitech motors but no scope encoders.

I would play with different combinations of the "Invert" settings for the Dec motor and encoder.  If the motor and scope encoders are opposite I think that would explain the problem.

Can you get it working with the scope encoder disabled first - and then add it?

Frank

• DuncanM likes this

#3 Benach

Benach

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for the idea. Will give that a try. This telescope and mount is at my astronomy club so progress is relatively slow. Next time I will be there is next Wednesday.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics