•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recoating maksutov secondary spot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dougm

dougm

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Philadelphia,PA

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:08 PM

Looking for advice on where to go for recoating the secondary spot on an 8” maksutov corrector. This does not have a separate spot like the Intes MK series. The corrector is uncoated, maybe that will make it easier, and it also has no attached baffle.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8FB9EC82-443F-4D51-81F8-A3B24D9973EB.jpeg
  • 95955C76-1055-44F6-89A2-1B8D53C1E52C.jpeg

• JohnH likes this

#2 davidmcgo

davidmcgo

Gemini

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Bob Fies can do it (alcoat.net), but I think he usually hand cuts the mask if is an odd size and one he did for me wasn’t exactly round so chat with him on that if it will bug you.  His turnaround is fast and prices reasonable.  He is the only coaster I know of who will do this for a one off and nominal fee.

If yours isn’t full of pinholes and the only issue is at the edges I’m pretty sure it isn’t worth doing right away.

Dave

• JohnH likes this

#3 dougm

dougm

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Philadelphia,PA

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the tip Dave! Yeah, this can wait a while, will recoat the primary first and see what that gives me. Been turned down by every coater I could find, this helps a lot! Will get in touch with him for sure.
  • JohnH likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics