•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AVX stopped tracking after 20 degrees past meridian , question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Genzod

Genzod

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

So after i was taking images , after it went past the 20 degrees over meridian , the images had trails. So i set go to to go to tje object again , and it went with the flip , but the trails were still there. So after it stops tracking after you go past the 20 degrees the tracking is off now ? You have to realign im guessing, once yoube crossed the 20 degrees and its stopped tracking ? , thanks

#2 ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM

Vendor - ZWO Product Dev Team Member

• Vendors
  • Loc: Darfield, New Zealand

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:56 PM

check the scope limits in the handset - prob got something set that stop its at 20 deg

#3 SonnyE

SonnyE

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Cali for ni a

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

It is designed to allow up to 20 degrees.

What that is for is to allow you to finish an image. Then do a Meridian flip. And continue.

I always re-centered my object, and restarted PHD2. That always worked for me.

You don't need to do an alignment, just shut down PHD2, then restart PHD2 post Meridian.

It was the only way I found successful with my AVX.

Edited by SonnyE, 26 January 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#4 ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM

Vendor - ZWO Product Dev Team Member

• Vendors
  • Loc: Darfield, New Zealand

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

btw its not good to be counterweight up :) 

#5 SkipW

SkipW

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oklahoma, USA

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

If you're not sure tracking is on or not, it's easy enough to check. That's better than guessing and you can turn it back on at the same time if needed.

Use the Hand Control's BACK button to get to the top level, where it says Advanced VX.

Press MENU, then scroll (if necessary) to Tracking and press ENTER. It will say Mode. Press ENTER.

If it says EQ North (or EQ South), tracking is on. If it says Off, it's not tracking. If it's off, scroll to the setting for your hemisphere and press ENTER to turn it back on. If this is set for the wrong hemisphere it will track in the opposite direction it should.

While your'e there, press BACK then scroll from Mode to Rate and press ENTER. From there you can select Sidereal, Solar, or Lunar as appropriate, or press BACK to exit without changing.

Press BACK until you get to the top level, then carry on.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics