•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EXPS2GT PMC-8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevehiebert

stevehiebert

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:15 AM

I’ve been fighting with a PMC-8 mount for over a year now and I seem to be unable to get a guide scope to work with it. The software keeps crashing.  I realized today that the actual PMC8 box was making noise, I thought the noise was the motors.  Is this normal?

#2 zxx

zxx

Apollo

• -----

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

May get help for that issue here.     https://www.cloudyni...-pmc-eight-399/

• stevehiebert likes this

#3 Devonshire

Devonshire

Mariner 2

• Loc: S/W Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

Steve, 

No, it's not.   I've never heard, and don't recall ever hearing, of a PMC8 controller making any noise.  The motors, a bit when slewing, or if the power train is out of adjustment, but that's it.  Easy to fix if the gears/belts need adjusting. 

The guiding crash-type failures I've noticed generally had to do with a) people trying to guide a PMC8 over wireless and wifi latency/dropouts messing them up - wired is recommended for guiding, and b) guide cameras not getting sufficient power from their USB connection.  

From what you've said so far, sounds like unrelated issues.  Details?  Which mount, which software, how connected, how is the guide camera powered, etc. ? 

- Bob

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics