•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

APT befuddled by QHY drivers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:01 AM

APT did a fine job controlling my QHY163M. until I tried using PhD2.  It kept confusing my QHY guide camera with the main camera.  I did manage to get the main camera and guider working simultaneously for a out a minute until APT crashed.  If the guider was attached it picked it up first every time and then no imaging camera.  I am guessing it is a camera driver issue but it may be also an APT issue.  Has anyone encountered this and if so, is there a remedy?  Do I need the paid version for it to image and autoguide?  I am going to install NINA to see if manages this better.  

#2 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

Which drivers did you use? I successfully worked with 2 QHY by using Ascom Capture for the imaging camera and Ascom Guider with the guide camera.

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

#3 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

I am using the ASCOM drivers for both cameras.  They are installed on a 64 bit Win10 laptop.  I will try changing usb ports up  If that doesn’t help I will try them on my desktop tonight if it stays clear.  

#4 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

I understand, but are you using the same Ascom Capture driver for both?

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

#5 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

I am using the drivers for each camera.  APT picks up the QHY5ii driver first and ignores the 163 one.  It does seem like a conflict so I will reload the drivers.

#6 cccha

cccha

Vostok 1

• Vendors

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:24 AM

The ASCOM driver used by QHY163 is three-in-one. They are QHYCCD-Capture, QHYCCD-Capture2 and QHYCCD-Guider, which can be used to distinguish QHYCCD cameras. You need to enter the setting options when ASCOM is connected to the camera to select the corresponding camera

#7 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:04 PM

I entered the QHYCCD capture option in the ASCOM setup.  No joy.  

#8 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

Oddly enough, things went better last night.  Both cameras were picked up and off I went.  I did have both cameras plugged in before starting APT and both connected without incident.  The only glitch I had was when warming the camera chip it would get close but time out.  It was 3 C away from the target temp.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics