•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My Best of 2019

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wouter D'hoye

Wouter D'hoye

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Hi,

It's been a while since I've been active here. Bad weather and other occupations, etc, etc...

To make up for it i made a little video compilation of some of my best images from 2019.

For all these images I used my CFF CC300 f/20, an ASI 174MM camera in combination with either an orange, Baader IR-pass or Astronomic IR-pass filter. (depending on seeing)

All is mounted on a Paramount MX.

For the last saturated colour image the color data was captured with a William Optics FLT132 and ASI224MC and Baader L-filter. This scope is permanently mounted on top of the CFF. (this is also pushing the limits for the mount)

Capturing data is done on a Macbook pro in Firecature.

Pre processing is done also on the macbook with Atostakkert!2 and 3 running in crossover (win emulation). 

Deconvolution sharpening is executed in Lynkeos3.

Final processing is performed in Adobe photoshop CC.

Some of the images are mosaics. For making mosaics i always use Adobe Photoshop. Either by using the Photomerge feature for smaller mosaics or manual using layers and masks for the large mosaics.

The two last images in this video i'm especially proud of. The Copernicus image was rewarded image of the day on Astrobin. And the final image of the mineral moon was a competition winner on the other astronomical community Stargazers lounge.

In short, for me 2019 was a very successful year. I learned quite a few things. Improved my setup as well as my technique. I hope 2020 will be equally fun and rewarding, and I hope I can again share many many fine images in the coming months.

enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/WbGQ1JLfa-g

Clear skies.

Wouter.

• Mirzam, John Boudreau, troyt and 8 others like this

#2 DRohrman

DRohrman

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

Congratulations! NASA quality and an inspiration to beginners like me.

#3 2Barrel

2Barrel

Vostok 1

• Loc: S. Jersey

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:31 PM

Real nice. Thanks for sharing.

#4 sunnyday

sunnyday

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

simply magnificent.

#5 Astrohobby

Astrohobby

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Düsseldorf (Germany)

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

It's been a while since I've been active here. Bad weather and other occupations, etc, etc...

To make up for it i made a little video compilation of some of my best images from 2019.

For all these images I used my CFF CC300 f/20, an ASI 174MM camera in combination with either an orange, Baader IR-pass or Astronomic IR-pass filter. (depending on seeing)

All is mounted on a Paramount MX.

For the last saturated colour image the color data was captured with a William Optics FLT132 and ASI224MC and Baader L-filter. This scope is permanently mounted on top of the CFF. (this is also pushing the limits for the mount)

Capturing data is done on a Macbook pro in Firecature.

Pre processing is done also on the macbook with Atostakkert!2 and 3 running in crossover (win emulation). 

Deconvolution sharpening is executed in Lynkeos3.

Final processing is performed in Adobe photoshop CC.

Some of the images are mosaics. For making mosaics i always use Adobe Photoshop. Either by using the Photomerge feature for smaller mosaics or manual using layers and masks for the large mosaics.

The two last images in this video i'm especially proud of. The Copernicus image was rewarded image of the day on Astrobin. And the final image of the mineral moon was a competition winner on the other astronomical community Stargazers lounge.

In short, for me 2019 was a very successful year. I learned quite a few things. Improved my setup as well as my technique. I hope 2020 will be equally fun and rewarding, and I hope I can again share many many fine images in the coming months.

enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/WbGQ1JLfa-g

Clear skies.

Wouter.

Hi there Wouter,

extremly well made videos plus the matching music! Enjoyed it very much!

Congrats and hat off  Oliver

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics