•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RASA 11 - 10 Minute Test

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Acer

Acer

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Loveland, CO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

I was able to squeeze 10 minutes imaging between the clouds with my new RASA 11. Even with shooting through high haze, I can see that this scope is going to completely change my imaging.

I shot a total of 14, 45 second exposures with my ZWO ASI183MC Pro and I can't believe what I am getting with such short integration!

Another plus for tonight, I was able to see how well my EQ6-R Pro handled the RASA 11 beast. It handles the heavy scope fine. I was getting a total RMS error of only .60" for that 10 minutes. Plenty good enough for the pixel scale I am shooting at.

Now if these clouds would just go away. I can't wait to see what the RASA will do with this nebula on a clear night with a few hours integration!

49448307182_3acb5ebd3a_c.jpgRASA-11-10-Minute-Test-small by Colo CJ, on Flickr

• Joe F Gafford, Scott Mitchell, eros312 and 8 others like this

#2 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Viking 1

• Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

M78 I presume. After galaxy season I am going to have to set up my HyerStar. It's been a while. Been making too many changes and trying to get my imaging train optimized. I have not mated the ASI071 to the HyperStar yet. I can only imagine the wide fields.

Nice stuff for 10 minutes.

Chris

Edited by Cfreerksen, 27 January 2020 - 12:03 AM.

• elmiko likes this

#3 Acer

Acer

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Loveland, CO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

M78 I presume. After galaxy season I am going to have to set up my HyerStar. It's been a while. Been making too many changes and trying to get my imaging train optimized. I have not mated the ASI071 to the HyperStar yet. I can only imagine the wide fields.

Nice stuff for 10 minutes.

Chris

This one is NGC 1333, the Embryo Nebula.  It's a neat looking nebula that I haven't shot before.  It is surrounded by dark nebula and lots of dust, with very red, very young stars inside the dust.

#4 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Viking 1

• Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

This one is NGC 1333, the Embryo Nebula.  It's a neat looking nebula that I haven't shot before.  It is surrounded by dark nebula and lots of dust, with very red, very young stars inside the dust.

The dust lanes and reflection nebula fooled me. Thanks for clarifying. I have never seen this one before. I like it. I enjoy targets off-the-beaten-path.

You really are in a whole new world with the dome, pier and now the RASA.

Chris

#5 clusterbuster

clusterbuster

Viking 1

• Loc: Tampa Bay, Fl.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:53 AM

Nice.

Mark

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics