•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cone Nebula and Christmas Tree Cluster @ 18hrs with ASI533

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DrGomer

DrGomer

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

With how the ASI533 is still fairly new, thought another example for others to see wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

I've been lucky with a string of clear enough nights with good enough seeing to shoot this target over multiple nights. 

This is 4 day of images with only part of the night dedicated to this target.  Trying to go deeper, I used a longer exposure than normal but also shot some short subs so I could use HDR to recover the tops.

I'm looking forward to revisiting this one in the future when I can get a mono setup going.

200x 300s lights

60x 60s lights 

40x darks/flats/darkflats

Full details and full res image here:

https://www.astrobin.com/ufkbzi/

Attached Thumbnails

• HDR Final_small.jpg

Edited by DrGomer, 27 January 2020 - 01:55 PM.

• CCD-Freak, elmiko, SambaChoro and 8 others like this

#2 eyeoftexas

eyeoftexas

Vostok 1

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

waytogo.gif Thanks for sharing.

#3 retroman2

retroman2

Sputnik

• Loc: Shetland,North of UK

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

Very Nice.

#4 SambaChoro

SambaChoro

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Mohegan Lake, NY

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

It looks great. Can't wait to use mine but the weather here does not cooperate.

Thanks for sharing as it makes me more confident I made the right choice buying this camera.

Leo

#5 DrGomer

DrGomer

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

It looks great. Can't wait to use mine but the weather here does not cooperate.

Thanks for sharing as it makes me more confident I made the right choice buying this camera.

Leo

I'm very happy with it. I just really really wish there was a mono equivalent that was affordable (the 6200 is lovely for those with very deep pockets...which mine are not:P)

#6 DSO_Viewer

DSO_Viewer

Apollo

• -----

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:57 PM

With how the ASI533 is still fairly new, thought another example for others to see wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

I've been lucky with a string of clear enough nights with good enough seeing to shoot this target over multiple nights. 

This is 4 day of images with only part of the night dedicated to this target.  Trying to go deeper, I used a longer exposure than normal but also shot some short subs so I could use HDR to recover the tops.

I'm looking forward to revisiting this one in the future when I can get a mono setup going.

200x 300s lights

60x 60s lights 

Very nice image but I am very surprised that with 17.5 hrs of total exposure and there is not as much Ha as I would have expected.

Steve

#7 DrGomer

DrGomer

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

Very nice image but I am very surprised that with 17.5 hrs of total exposure and there is not as much Ha as I would have expected.

Steve

I only have limited experience in the astro world. I'm not sure if this is typical or not of OSC vs mono which has much better throughput with the filter plus way more efficient use of pixel area (25% of the sensor). I'd imagine the dyes used for the bayer matrix is pretty standard between sensors.   That's my guess. But I'll default to others more experienced in the field. 

• DSO_Viewer likes this

#8 CCD-Freak

CCD-Freak

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Whitesboro,Texas

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

Nice image.  

I hope to get a break in the weather so I can give my ASI-533MC-Pro some sky time.

John

CCD-Freak

WD5IKX

#9 artem2

artem2

Messenger

• ****-
  • Loc: Österreich (no kangaroos in Austria)

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:50 AM

Very Nice Image..

Thank you for sharing.. 

Regards

Martin

#10 AKHalea

AKHalea

Apollo

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

200x 300s lights

60x 60s lights 

DrG : A nice first try on this object. This is fairly bright and I have a feeling you may have clipped highlights. Either during acquisition or during processing. Here is one image I got in 2018. It has only 42 minutes of total integration time with the dual narrowband filter and the colors are all there. Even though my image is nothing to write home about, it illustrates how bright this object is. Cheers ...... Anil

#11 sunnyday

sunnyday

Skylab

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:02 PM

very nice

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics