•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sionyx Aurora Sport Time Lapse 21 January

astrophotography NV EAA beginner
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rogers92

rogers92

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Hello all,

I'm pretty new here so please let me know if i'm posting in the wrong forum. I don't get much chance to do astrophotography in NW FL, as it's always humid or rainy. That said, we had a cool snap recently and it was clear enough to set my camera up in the backyard overnight to do a time lapse.

The camera is a 0.9 Megapixel Sionyx Aurora Sport, and it does pretty well in low light. Frames were taken one minute apart, over the course of a few hours. Exposures were 1.5 seconds each, and gain was at lowest setting to help minimize noise. This was my first time actually capturing the rotation of the earth around Polaris. Please ignore the antenna wire!

https://flickr.com/p...gYkOLTELUlg3c2I

Cheers,

Rick

• Utahn likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, NV, EAA, beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics