•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200R 10" vs C-11 Part 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#76 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

I have EMailed my dealer asking for help on this. Like Keith says though, hard to explain why my unit is taking so long. Is it likely I am being "left laned" (if you have ever been behind someone Left Lane'ing you, you know what this means) by Meade right now for making a lot of these functional difficulties public.

In the end, their products, service and support will stand on their own merits. The best part for Meade is prabably over half the folks buying their new products do not fully understand how to determine if they are meeting minimum performance levels. They are trusting the Meade reputation (the old one?). For anyone wanting reasonable odds of receiving a long term functional telescope with excellent optical qualities, Meade may not be the best answer at this time.

#77 LLEEGE

LLEEGE

True Blue

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:10 AM

Meade called me yesterday to ask how things were going with my RCX. I told him I returned both of them and got a refund! :roflmao: Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! :shrug: And yes Jerry, I hate left laners!

#78 CactusButt

CactusButt

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

Meade called me yesterday to ask how things were going with my RCX. I told him I returned both of them ang got a refund! :roflmao:

:roflmao: :poke:

#79 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Double click duplication, Deleted.

#80 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Keith got me curious. Called Meade support.

Very friendly representative.

Here is the details:

Scope picked up by UPS: June 19, 2006

Scope received at Meade: July 5, 2006

Scope status: "Don't know": July 20, 2006

My comment: "OK"

#81 Keith Myers

Keith Myers

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

Jerry, your chronology has me alarmed! Seventeen days to get to California from S.C.? I seriously wonder what the condition of the scope was when received at Meade. I wonder if this might be case where the scope was destroyed in transit and that's why Meade is non-committal and dragging their heels. The Meade response of "Don't know" sounds familiar. Jerry, I definitely would get your dealer involved in trying to move the Meade behemoth into action. Keep pestering them.

Keith
:p

#82 Keith Myers

Keith Myers

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hopefully if the weather clears and holds I will get a chance to fully check the scope out in a very dark site and high altitude this weekend. My quick collimation wasn't perfect as the scope still hadn't cooled fully and the seeing was not so great. I couldn't push the power like I did with the first scope when I collimated. My quick star tests weren't completely conclusive as I had blustery winds making long exposures pointless. Quick 1-5 second shots between gusts looked good though as far as I could tell with no trace of the clipped stars I was getting with the first scope. I'll post a followup after the weekend and give my final verdict.

Keith
:p

#83 krackerjack9

krackerjack9

Viking 1

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

Jerry a good point the reference you made in the majority of us dont know if we are even meeting the minimum capabilties of the telescopes, other than someone else taking a look thur your telescope and seeing something that you dont know is wrong or is not right.

#84 JerryWise

JerryWise

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hey Krackerjack9. Thanks for the comment. I like your signature line.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics