•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First light with a Skywatcher ED150

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 tog

tog

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Front Yard

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Here's some pics of mine.  I don't know which factory produced it but perhaps there's others out there that look about the same.  

I did change out the D plate for one by ADM to match the CGEM I was using at first, but I have since changed to a SW EQ6R PRO mount and put a dual ADM saddle on it.

Beautiful Scope Crow Haven! Here is mine with the Moonlite focuser. Sorry about the dark pic. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4505.JPG

• Jacques, Illinois, Crow Haven and 1 other like this

#27 tog

tog

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Front Yard

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

Losmandy DUP 14 and Parallax rings.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4504.JPG

• Crow Haven and Bomber Bob like this

#28 25585

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

ll

Beautiful Scope Crow Haven! Here is mine with the Moonlite focuser. Sorry about the dark pic. 

Does Moonlite sell an adapter for the 150 now?

#29 starryhtx

starryhtx

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

Lots of assessment and comment so far about the ED150. The scope I received was very well boxed and looks immaculate. The focusser is smooth and needs no adjustment. Probably undersized, but it rides OK on a  Celestron VX. In fact its much lighter than I thought it would be.  It's always a nervous time when you offer a scope up for first light. Stars at 400x looked text book so I moved over to the moon. The seeing deteriorated slightly during the session but to give an idea I've attached a picture taken with a x2 barlow and imaging source camera. I've imaged this area many times and am very pleased with the detail. I look forward to further sessions. Pleased to say all seems well.

Wow, are you sure that photo wasn't taken by Apollo? What an amazing view! A great scope indeed!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics