•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CP+ Camera and Photo Imaging Show canceled

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Kawa

Barry Kawa

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tokyo, Japan

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

Got this notice today, the annual Japan camera show in Yokohama where all the nation's camera makers along with Vixen and Borg and other telescope makers attended has been canceled this year due to the novel coronavirus scare. Telescope and bino junkies like myself are in mourning. 

Dear all,

Given there is no effective treatment or containment measures to deal
with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), organizers of CP+2020 have decided
to cancel the event due to overall concerns, mainly the risk to the health
and safety of visitors and exhibitors. The event was originally scheduled
to be held over 4 days at PACIFICO Yokohama from February 27.

<Cancellation of CP+2020>
http://www.cpplus.jp...visitors_en.pdf

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3156.jpg

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Vanguard

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:40 AM

You can sense the disappointment but see the sense in this. The event can be rearranged but if coronovirus kills you its game over.

#3 DennisK

DennisK

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Willowick, OH

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I think that the coronavirus outbreak is a little more of a concern than measles was last year at NEAIC/NEAF....

• George N likes this

#4 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, I think that the coronavirus outbreak is a little more of a concern than measles was last year at NEAIC/NEAF....

I'm wondering if it will limit even NEAF this year. Will companies like ZWO and iOptron be able to make it? Will they have all the display stuff (Celestron, Meade, Skywatcher, etc) that ships directly from China to NEAF?

#5 DennisK

DennisK

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Willowick, OH

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

I'm wondering if it will limit even NEAF this year. Will companies like ZWO and iOptron be able to make it? Will they have all the display stuff (Celestron, Meade, Skywatcher, etc) that ships directly from China to NEAF?

I've thought about that myself.  Guess we're just gonna have to see what happens over the next 6 weeks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics