•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SkySafari - Share Lists Multiple Devices?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Agrajag

Agrajag

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

I noticed yesterday that SS6 Pro was on sale on Google Play so I grabbed it. It's on my Galaxy Note 9 and running great. However, I also have a Chromebook and installed it there, but I don't see any way of linking the two installs so that I can work on Observation Lists on the Chromebook and then have those be available on the phone.

Is this not possible or am I overlooking something?

Thanks....

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:56 AM

IME you have to email those lists from one device and then download/import it to another.  No way to link the two AFAIK

#3 obrazell

obrazell

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:53 AM

I thought that even if you sued the basic version of LiveSky it would do this.

Owen

• Jon Isaacs, Sean Wood and outofsight like this

#4 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

I think if you're connected through LiveSky,  then you can access lists from both devices.

Jon

#5 Gostock

Gostock

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

I can confirm that when you subscribe to LiveSky, you can access the planned observation lists and actual session observations from multiple devices.  I have found it helpful to have my lists sync'ed between devices.  There is also a web view of all your SkySafari data at http://livesky.com.

The LiveSky subscription is $9.99/year - which is worthwhile if you enjoy the convenience of having is data synced between devices.  But SkySafari 6 Pro can certainly stand alone without LiveSky and you can manually download/import the data if needed.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#6 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:21 AM

+1 on doing it with free LiveSky  but I think you need to have Cloud Storage turned on in Settings.

• Gostock likes this

#7 cupton

cupton

Vostok 1

• Loc: Marshall Township, PA

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Just adding my confirmation here too. I've got the free version of LiveSky and can sync over all observation lists and all saved app settings to all devices running SkySafari. For me thats my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Just need to make sure you are signed into your LiveSky account on the devices.

• Gostock likes this

#8 Agrajag

Agrajag

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

Thanks everyone. Let's hope (though it's minor) that this applies to lists created while not logged in on one of the devices.

#9 beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hamilton, ON,Canada

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:49 AM

I have emailed lists from my tablet to phone.  Pretty simple to do.  Email list pops up in the bottom right when you open a list.

Eric

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics