•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How do you do your viewing sessions observation notes?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

Sometimes it takes me a while to get the concept of "system" down. I have just realized that I can use SkyTools to easy capture notes on each object on my nights viewing list. Once I am aligned and SharpCap is good to go on Plate Solving, I use SlyTools to send me to the target, then back to SharpC to plate solve. As I am stacking I can go back to SkyTools and then put observing notes in for the object.

In visual I had a print out I used for each target and then had to type them into my program (which I replaced last year with SkyTools).

Since we now need to add observation reports to images posts I thought I'd start this thread as I am curious how many EAA routinely keep notes when viewing.

Mine is such a simple solution I wish I would have thought of it during the summer when I was getting my C8/ES102 setup.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics