•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellarvue dealers in Europe

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pao

pao

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody knows if there is a Stellarvue dealer in Europe (I searched the web but I didn’t see anything) or, in case, if Stellarvue sells directly to private buyers overseas. I tried to email them some weeks ago but no answer arrived.

Thank you

pao

#2 skybsd

skybsd

Aurora

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

Hello Pao, 

Good to hear from you.., 

As far as I know, there aren't any. Each of the SV scopes and mount gear I bought in the UK were all purchased and shipped directly from SV in the US. 

I should say though, each time for me was pretty straight forward, Vic  and Shelly are very helpful and quite responsive to any questions you may have., 

Hope that help.., 

Best.., 

skybsd 

• pao likes this

#3 pao

pao

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Thank you skybsd, I’ll try again to contact them.

pao

#4 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

I looked many years ago (estimate 15 or so) and there was either none or one. Actually one = none.

The retailer never had any in and if I recall as there was an "offical" seller then Stellarvue wouldn't sell direct.

So a retailer who had none (ever) and unable to buy direct because there was a retailer. Think I replied to SV saying they needed to look into the situation. And then I gave up.

• pao likes this

#5 skybsd

skybsd

Aurora

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

Hi, 

I looked many years ago (estimate 15 or so) and there was either none or one. Actually one = none.

The retailer never had any in and if I recall as there was an "offical" seller then Stellarvue wouldn't sell direct.

So a retailer who had none (ever) and unable to buy direct because there was a retailer. Think I replied to SV saying they needed to look into the situation. And then I gave up.

Now that you mention that - I do remember at one point a London astro retailer did describe themselves as an SV dealer at least on their website - but never had any SV products in stock.., 

Nothing against, them - I actually bought quite a bit of stuff there, just not SV smile.gif  

Its really not a problem buying direct from SV - at least from the UK in my experience., 

Best., 

skybsd

• pao likes this

#6 GlenM

GlenM

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Lancashire England

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:37 AM

Just think of all that VAT, import duty and handling fee frown.gif

Glen.

• Binojunky and 25585 like this

#7 pao

pao

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:21 AM

Just think of all that VAT, import duty and handling fee frown.gif

Glen.

Yes, I know that. For the moment it's just to have some infos and understand if it's feasable.

pao

#8 DeanD

DeanD

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: South Australia

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:51 PM

Hi Pao,

I had no problems getting them to deliver to Australia: in fact they were very helpful. I would try to contact them again.

Good luck,

Dean

• pao likes this

#9 GlenM

GlenM

Gemini

• -----

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:57 AM

Yes, I know that. For the moment it's just to have some infos and understand if it's feasable.

pao

Yes, no problem buying direct. Just depends if you want to pay the extra 25% on cost price. I have looked at Stellarvue for a number of years, but the extra cost always put me off. 

Glen.

#10 skybsd

skybsd

Aurora

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:42 AM

Yes, no problem buying direct. Just depends if you want to pay the extra 25% on cost price. I have looked at Stellarvue for a number of years, but the extra cost always put me off. 

Glen.

What is this "extra cost" you keep talking about? 

I've bought three refractors and numerous associated hardware directly from SV that shipped to the UK and other than (quite reasonable, actually) shipping costs, I simply did not have the experience you are talking about..,  confused1.gif  

Best.., 

skybsd 

#11 GlenM

GlenM

Gemini

• -----

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:34 AM

The way I see it is that VAT, import duty and handling fee as extra costs. Just my way of thinking.

Glen.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics