•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

At60ed + X = solar Ha, help solve for X

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swsantos

swsantos

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:06 AM

...And X does not equal Daystar Quark.

Already have  Lunt 50mm with the LS50c double stack. Can an AT60ed be made into a solar Ha at least as good if not better? Perhaps using my existing LS50c with an adapter and a blocking filter?

Anyone do something like this and how does it compare to a dedicated Ha only telescope?

Thanks

#2 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Florida

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:31 AM

Heya,

Two front mounted etalons will ideally be better than an internal version one. You can get an adapter to mount the two 50mm etalons onto a specific scope and just add a blocking filter diagonal and you're set. The 50mm aperture etalon will stop your 60mm/F6 scope down to F7.2 which is nearly the same as the original configuration by Lunt. And you could go longer with a different scope. The adapter you would need ideally needs to thread onto the retainer cell of your OTA's objective or the len's cell itself if its threaded (some are). I would not use an adapter that just clamps onto the front of the objective or dew shield; the etalons are heavy.

Very best,

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics