•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with Miranda Laborec III

mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TimE46

TimE46

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

I recently picked up a very nice Miranda Laborec III camera. I intend to get it set up to use with my 8" SCR. Unfortunately it is missing the adapter ring on which I could add a telescope adapter. The camera has a dual mount system, an inner threaded mount which measures 43 mm, and an outer bayonet style mount which measures 51 mm on the ring and 53 mm on the flanges. I visited a local camera store but they were unable to find a an adapter ring that would fit. If anyone has information as to where I might locate an adapter ring, please message or email me at timed1@att.net   Thanks. 

Tim

#2 TimE46

TimE46

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:21 AM

I may have solved my problem. I found an adapter that converts the Miranda to a Nikon mount on EBay. I'll get it next week and report back as to whether it works. Any suggestions are still welcomed.

#3 Don W

Don W

demi-god and Chairman of the Finance Committee

• Administrators
  • Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:23 PM

It's been about 35 years but I had one of those. I vaguely remember that it was just a T thread.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics