•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Check how your community is doing in Globe at Night

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skyglowberlin

skyglowberlin

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:23 AM

Globe at Night has produced a real-time infographic that you can use to see how people have rated the sky in your country (or US state). It's kind of amazing how with even relatively small amounts of data it reproduces the trends predicted by the World Atlas of night sky brightness. For example, the US is on average much brighter than Germany, but on the other hand has a lot more people who have a sky with limiting magnitude of 6 and above.

You can also check out the overall participation numbers. So how is your country or state doing? Here are the current top 5 for 2020:

USA: 755

Spain: 674

Japan: 465

Canada: 228

Croatia: 52

Arizona: 116

Washington: 70

Oregon: 60

Pennsylvania: 57

Colorado: 50

Can your local astronomy club top Globe at Night's home state of Arizona?

#2 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

I would not expect too much participation from New York right now -- so far this year, on the very few clear nights - mostly with bright moonlight on the snow -- the wind-chill has been 20 below.

#3 skyglowberlin

skyglowberlin

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

I would not expect too much participation from New York right now -- so far this year, on the very few clear nights - mostly with bright moonlight on the snow -- the wind-chill has been 20 below.

Wishing you warmer (but still clear) weather for the March campaign :-)

• George N likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics