•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Flaming Star Region Mosaic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Monkeybird747

Monkeybird747

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Louisville, KY

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:44 PM

It's been a while since I've been able to post an image, so I thought I'd share this one. I started it late in the season and then the weather went south. I didn't get all the time I needed before the target moved to a bad part of my sky, so I just stacked up what I had and I'll add some more next year maybe. I'd like to have roughly triple what I have now, and most of that being Oiii. TEC140/TOA130 and 16200. About 60 hours total. Astrobin link has all the stats.

To be honest I'm a little tired of this blue/gold sort of color palette, and I seem to be in a rut with it. I tried several approaches, and they all eventually morphed into basically this. Perhaps that is just what the data would give me, or I need to learn some new techniques. If I had more Oiii I'd try an HOO blend for a change. I'm looking forward to some LRGB imaging for galaxy season. Next nebula season I'll try some different color blends and try to bust out of my blue/gold SHO phase. I do like the framing though. It reminds me of an owl with wings spread, and perched on something. Like the ones you sometimes see as totem pole crests.

As always, C&C welcome. 

MB

get.jpg?insecure

Attached Thumbnails

• IC417Mosaic_Final6.png

• H-Alfa, Joe G, Jim Waters and 18 others like this

#2 Astrola72

Astrola72

Viking 1

• Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:15 PM

What a treat. Well done MB! bow.gif

Joe

#3 DSOs4Me

DSOs4Me

Ranger 4

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

Very Nice - Nice Work!

#4 namh

namh

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:28 PM

Lovely field and I like the color too. A lot of dust and gas in your image!

JB

#5 Monkeybird747

Monkeybird747

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:13 PM

Thanks everyone! This would be much simpler with a wide-field scope, which is on my list for next nebula season.

#6 PittsDriver

PittsDriver

Explorer 1

• Loc: Sandy, Utah

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:00 PM

Very nice, I really like the composition and 3D feel from this. Just the right amount of blue in my opinion but I like the SHO palette.

Tailwinds and clear skies.

Rich

#7 Monkeybird747

Monkeybird747

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

Thanks Rich!

Very nice, I really like the composition and 3D feel from this. Just the right amount of blue in my opinion but I like the SHO palette.

Tailwinds and clear skies.

Rich

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics