•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beta testers needed for new “Our Galaxy” app

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Our Galaxy

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Greetings, Cloudy Nights denizens.  You might know me as one of the authors of SkySafari.  Since I left that project, I’ve been hard at work on a new application.  I now have my “Our Galaxy” app ready for beta testing.

“Our Galaxy” is a unique app that helps you visualize the locations and physical properties of deep sky objects in and around the Galaxy.   The main galaxy view shows a 3-D view of the Galaxy, letting you pan around and zoom in and out.

You can display any or all of the ~10,000 objects in the database and see where they actually are in the Galaxy.  You can also label the different spiral arms and display the structural components of the Galaxy such as the Thin Disk, Thick Disk, Bulge, Stellar Halo, and the Dark Matter Halo.

You can read more about “Our Galaxy” and see screen shots at www.otherwise.com.

The app is for iOS and macOS only (apologies to Android and Windows users).  It requires iOS 11 or higher or macOS 10.15 or higher.  If you’d be interested in testing, please send me a private message on Cloudy Nights or email me at “bill at otherwise dot com”.

The app is currently under review at Apple.  If all goes well, in one or two days it will be available for testing via Apple’s TestFlight.

Bill

• John Gauvreau, nicknacknock, kyang and 5 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics