•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best way to combine filter subs of different gain (same exposure length)?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Maine

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:12 PM

I seemed to have mistakenly shot 2 nights of OIII data with different gain and offset, g75 o15 and g139 o21.  I still don't know how it happened, but it happened.

How would you Masters of Processing go about calibrating and combining these two sets in PixInsight?  My imaging train remained the same between both nights, so I have one set of flats for both.

Thanks!

Edited by jerahian, 19 February 2020 - 10:23 PM.

#2 Mert

Mert

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Spain, Pamplona

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

I'd suggest to try with Astropixelprocessor. Should work with multisession

#3 DrGomer

DrGomer

Mariner 2

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

iirc, weighted averaging with scale+offset should take into account the different gains in a single integration.

#4 OhmEye

OhmEye

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Western NY Southern Tier

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

In APP it should be simple. You should be able to just include the calibration frames (or masters) for both gains and APP should assign same-same. If for some reason that's not straightforward then as Mert said you can easily group using multisession.

Edited by OhmEye, 20 February 2020 - 03:04 PM.

#5 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:08 PM

iirc, weighted averaging with scale+offset should take into account the different gains in a single integration.

Thanks Doc, I think those are the settings I use already as it is, so I'll give it a go.  I may play around with various options if I don't get any other PI-specific approaches suggested.

#6 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the APP suggestions, Mert & OhmY.  If I can't get a proper integration using PI (more due to me lacking the knowledge than PI), I might give APP a try.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics