•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Just a Unboxing & Netflix story

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ww321q

ww321q

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Winton Ca.

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:58 AM

A video of my new telescope I got back in 09-30-2019 and the story of why I bought it. https://www.youtube....h?v=jZOGAzVzxE4

• okiedrifter, m9x18, pao and 1 other like this

#2 Agatha

Agatha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

That was fun. smile.gif   Looks like a nice telescope.  

• m9x18 and ww321q like this

#3 tog

tog

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Front Yard

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

Good looking scope! I have its cousin from Orion.

• ww321q likes this

#4 m9x18

m9x18

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Abilene, Texas USA

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:45 PM

That was fun. smile.gif   Looks like a nice telescope.  

That WAS fun! I enjoyed that. Can't wait for part II to come out.

• ww321q likes this

#5 ww321q

ww321q

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Winton Ca.

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

This is my first refractor. At the beginning of the video you can see my 3 reflectors. One is a Bushnell I found in a dumpster that started all this telescope stuff. The other two are 6" f8 that I built. So I'm comparing this Celestron Omni XLT 120 to my favorite 6"reflector. I had only got to use it a little before starting another project in October . That project just got done a couple of weeks ago. I realized that bright spot in the evening was Venus. I hadn't ever got to view Venus with my other telescopes. I wasn't real happy with this telescope because of chromatic aberration. Observing Venus,that was there plus some purple haze around it. I guess that's from the telescope being a achromatic refractor. Through all that I finally got a good focus . After my viewing session I went in the house and looked at some amateur pictures of Venus and realized those slight details I saw on Venus probably wasn't my imagination or false details from my cheap telescope. That made me pretty happy. Patiently waiting for better skies next week.      

• CuriousSubstance3 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics