•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Backfocus for RC8 and CCDTV67 0.67 reducer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lowry_pt

lowry_pt

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: South of Indianapolis, IN

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:04 AM

the infamous question.....

I have read on so much my brain hurts.

IF you have an image of your set up even better.  plan is asi 294. with ( and without the zwo OAG  (16.5mm)

I have read 80. I have read 55. and everywhere in between.

My friends rc8. we plan to set up at 80mm.  take an image. check edegs. add/remove spacers untill we like it.  then figure out the degress of FOV. with website and caluate the FL. I figured out the formula.  basically 749.66 divided by the FoV in degrees.  

and then input that for his guiding etc..

other ideas?

Thank you

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

Hubble

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:43 AM

https://astroimages....-my-system.html

He talks about backfocus for that reducer, in detail.  I think you would find the whole page a good read.

Madratter is an excellent imager, he's on Cloudy Nights, and I'm sure a PM to him with questions will be thoughtfully answered.

Edited by bobzeq25, 21 February 2020 - 12:49 AM.

#3 lowry_pt

lowry_pt

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: South of Indianapolis, IN

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:38 AM

https://astroimages....-my-system.html

He talks about backfocus for that reducer, in detail.  I think you would find the whole page a good read.

Madratter is an excellent imager, he's on Cloudy Nights, and I'm sure a PM to him with questions will be thoughtfully answered.

thank you so much. I did read and was completely appreciative of the blog.  WOW...  I will strive for 67mm.  form teh rear flange. ( i assume. from the camera size edge of the reducer is what is meant?  some people include the 16.3 mm ( or what ever it is).  I know the rec is 85mm for .67. but I have read on more than one occasion we need to get him to 0.73-.75 ish. and thank you again.    i will assume 67. to the edge fo the reducer?

Dawn

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics