•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recover from accidentally recording flats in .ser?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheepofblue

sheepofblue

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

So I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work and think it is the flats.  Originally in SharpCap I screwed up and recorded the flats in .ser as it defaulted to that when I reduced the time.  I for a program to translate from .ser to .fit but I am thinking things are going sideways as the .ser is likely color not raw.  Anyway the other data is all good but with no flats the end result is lacking (generally lights don't want to register once calibrated).  Any ideas on how to turn the .ser into a usable flat?

#2 einarin

einarin

Vanguard

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

PIPP seems to do that (convert ser to tiff, fits etc).

• sheepofblue likes this

#3 happylimpet

happylimpet

Aurora

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

SER will be raw, probably, as it belongs to that mindset. Cant say for sure though. It probably depends on your other settings - if the only thing you did differently from normal is save in SER, you should be fine.

Yeah, PIPP should work, or use AutoStakkert, which you can drop it into and select 'create master frame' and it will make a stack. It wont interpolate or anything, it doesnt care whether its raw or bayer interpolated or whatever.

• sheepofblue likes this

#4 sheepofblue

sheepofblue

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:54 PM

Thanks I will back up and retry PIPP to see if I had a strange setting.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics