•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My little Tasco 80's 80mm x 400mm scope

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Piaget

Piaget

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eastern Missouri

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:26 PM

Since I am rebuilding my Sears scope I thought I would share my Tasco 10VR. My wife , Ann passed away from MS in 2008. We had a mountain top cabin in the Ouchita mountains in Arkansas near Eureka springs. We spent many fine nights among the stars using my Little Tasco 10VR , which my wife gave me for a birthday gift. I sold the cabin long ago , it was not the same by myself. So this morning I dug my 10VR out of the cellar & will start using it. I have had this little gem up to 275x with no aberration. It is a fine little instrument made by vixen. I converted it to 1.25 with a vixen adapter. Should enhance the scope a lot. Here is a pic of my little friend. I have never used the camera adapter that is included , but intend too. My 1st foray into astrophotography. I am not quite sure what all the attachments to this little scope are for and will be seeking help. I no longer have the manual & cannot find it on the net. Thanks for a look , Piaget 20200221_115447.jpg

Edited by Piaget, 21 February 2020 - 03:31 PM.

• deepwoods1, Chuck Hards, LDW47 and 3 others like this

#2 LDW47

LDW47

Skylab

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

Since I am rebuilding my Sears scope I thought I would share my Tasco 10VR. My wife , Ann passed away from MS in 2008. We had a mountain top cabin in the Ouchita mountains in Arkansas near Eureka springs. We spent many fine nights among the stars using my Little Tasco 10VR , which my wife gave me for a birthday gift. I sold the cabin long ago , it was not the same by myself. So this morning I dug my 10VR out of the cellar & will start using it. I have had this little gem up to 275x with no aberration. It is a fine little instrument made by vixen. I converted it to 1.25 with a vixen adapter. Should enhance the scope a lot. Here is a pic of my little friend. I have never used the camera adapter that is included , but intend too. My 1st foray into astrophotography. I am not quite sure what all the attachments to this little scope are for and will be seeking help. I no longer have the manual & cannot find it on the net. Thanks for a look , Piaget attachicon.gif20200221_115447.jpg

You are a lucky guy, what I wouldn’t give for one but up here in Canada I think they are few and far between, like hens teeth, lol ! But at least I have the 9vr model with a Cometron CO-62 thrown in. Clear and many wonderful skies !    PS: Very sorry about your wifes passing even from long ago, I can only image what it was like ! I know what it would be without mine of 50 years !   

Edited by LDW47, 21 February 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#3 deepwoods1

deepwoods1

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

It’s surprisingly how good the optics are on these! It, and a different variation (SS80) are my most used scopes due the their convenience and capabilities. Your camera adapter can be used with an eyepiece to increase magnification. Clear and steady skies......

• LDW47 likes this

#4 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

I thought I'd bought one from an elderly gentleman in Sydney when I was dealing with his daughter, who was handling his move into a nursing home...she rang apologising profusely when she discovered he had sold it to someone going door-to-door looking for anything they could get & flip...

May this little gem from your past bring you some real joy my friend... waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics