•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Close call!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RJF-Astro

RJF-Astro

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Zeist, Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:07 AM

It started as a happy moment: screwing my new 3nm Chroma filters into the EFW mini. Then I noticed those filters are quite thick compared to the ZWO LRGB. My palms grew sweaty and I was already thinking of ways to explain another purchase to the CFO, after this unexplainable one (that much money for three small pieces of glass?!).

Fortunately, they slided in without a sound. I don't know how much distance is left, but it can't be much. I hope it does not contract too much in the cold, or I may need a dew heater for the filter wheel.

Are all filter wheels this tight? Is it the 3nm filter or is it the EFW-mini?

XT018812.jpg

#2 Astro_BC

Astro_BC

Explorer 1

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:00 AM

I have astrodon filters whose holders are very thick too (probably same ones as chroma uses).

I, and some others, have had to flip the EFW cover inside out to gain extra clearance. Mine would bind or rub otherwise.

Both my efw5 and 8 are this way.

No big deal. Your palms can dry out :)
  • dswtan likes this

#3 RJF-Astro

RJF-Astro

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Zeist, Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for the tip! Had not thought of doing that. I'll see how it goes next session, if I hear something I will flip it ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics