•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen SXG HAL130 + AP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rozek

rozek

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Slovakia

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:00 AM

Hello.
Is this tripod ready to use directly with Advanced Polaris in AltAz mode or I need some adapter for it?
Thanks

Odoslané z LG-H930 pomocou Tapatalku

#2 UnderOvercast

UnderOvercast

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Under a cloud in North Raincouver

Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

Yes it will fit. The SXG-HAL130 is shown in this Vixen catalog as an optional tripod for the Advanced Polaris mount. See page 12:

http://psygr.belxm.s...scopes 2018.pdf

It sounds as if you have the Alt/Az Advanced Polaris, the APZ. If it fits the AP it will fit the APZ, as both have the same fitment to the tripod hub. So the APP-TTL130, the SXG-HAL130, and the new carbon fibre ASG-CB90 will fit, although for some the ASG-CB90 may be overkill.

I just received my APZ/TTL130 last week and I had been considering the SXG-HAL130 and the ASG-CB90 as a replacement for the TTL130. Although after using it under the stars two nights ago, the TTL130 isn't as bad as I thought it would be with my TV Genesis on it.

Grant

#3 rozek

rozek

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Slovakia

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

Thank you Grant for your answer.
I have bought my AP without tripod. I wanted to use it with my NEQ6pro tripod but ...
And shaking refractor makes me crazy :)

Odoslané z LG-H930 pomocou Tapatalku

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics