•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Adjusting CGEM RA Sidereal Tracking Rate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rab722

Rab722

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Northport MI

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:52 AM

Is there any way to make a small adjustment to the sidereal tracking speed. I am using SharpCap to do live stacking with 20 to 30 second subs. After some time I start to get a darker band on the right of the stacked image that grows the longer I stack. If I then go to the most recent sub it has shifted to the left. My C8 with .63 reducer is showing about .5 degrees and I would say that after 60 minutes the image has drifted about .1 degrees. So I lose about 20% of the image.

I am assuming the mount is running either to fast or slow and would like to try adjusting the rate slightly to keep on target.

I was polar aligned having done it visually and then followed up with the all star polar align routine.

Is there an adjustment to the RA speed possible.

#2 Gamewarden

Gamewarden

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Centreville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

I get that with my 6SE setup but have not taken that long of exposures yet 1 to 10 seconds. Is that what"s making the black frame??

Thanks Mark

#3 KLWalsh

KLWalsh

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: North Georgia, USA

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

There are different tracking rates built in, like lunar rate.
If you haven’t already checked that, make sure it’s set to sidereal.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics