•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron evolution 925 OTA on Bresser exos 2/EQ5 goto mount?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Desc82

Desc82

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Québec

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:55 PM

Hi all,

Tricky question.

Trying to figure out. I own a Bresser exos 2/EQ5 goto mount. I am wondering if the dovetail bar of the Celestron evolution 925 would fit on the mount without having to do any modification. It is normally sold in pair with its altaz goto mount.

I know that a 9.25 inch SCT is a bit marginal for this mount. It is for visual purpose only.

Didn't find any info on the web (dovetail bar type of this OTA). Anyone has an idea?

Edited by Desc82, 23 February 2020 - 12:22 AM.

#2 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Viking 1

• Loc: Barrington, Illinois

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

Their pictures on the web site all seem to show it with the smaller "V" rail.

Your mount would hold it. I'm guessing that with diagonal, ep, raci your looking at somewhere near 23 lbs.

• Desc82 likes this

#3 Desc82

Desc82

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Québec

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

Their pictures on the web site all seem to show it with the smaller "V" rail.

Your mount would hold it. I'm guessing that with diagonal, ep, raci your looking at somewhere near 23 lbs.

Yes, that is what I think as well (standard vixen type). So I would have a match. I will post a picture of the setup if I pull the trigger on it. Thanks for the advice.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics