•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to Change Astrophotography Tool Min Exposure Time?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Dennehy

John Dennehy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:13 PM

Hello,

I am using the Astrophotography Tool software to control a STF8300M CCD. When taking exposures, APT's interface offers a range from 0.4s to Bulb. Bulb allows you to enter your own value, and since I would like to take a frame faster than 0.4s long, I enter in a number less than 0.4s, only to have the program correct it to 0.4s when I hit enter. 

The STF8300M has a min exposure time of 0.09s. When using CCDOPS I can take a 0.09s exposure with no problem. Does APT have a database in which it reads 0.4s as the min time? Is there a way to alter this setting so that I can take shorter exposures?

Thanks,

John

#2 Jii

Jii

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pirkkala, Finland

Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:25 PM

I think that it would be better to send this question to APT's own forums, Ivo usually answers quite fast to questions:

https://aptforum.com/phpbb/

SBIG has its own forum there.

Edited by Jii, 23 February 2020 - 02:26 PM.

#3 John Dennehy

John Dennehy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Will do; thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics