•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

APT Tutorial?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShiftSix

ShiftSix

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Houston, Tx.

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

Alrighty... So I just got my first real Astronomy camera (prior to this I was just using a DSLR and a intervalometer) and need to learn how to use this new ZWO camera, set up imaging plan for the evening etc.  As of right now I've downloaded all of the software and drivers (i think) and have gotten a live view through the camera to ensure it works, but thats it.    

I would love to learn all the ins and outs about taking proper Darks, Flats, Biases? Lights, etc. 

Learn how to use APT and actually understand the steps and why vs "just click this button"  (or any software if there's one thats better) 

Brand new and dont want to spend the few clear evenings we get fumbling around in the dark attempting to learn the hard way. 

So if anyone knows of any comprehensive tutorials or online classes that would be amazing if you could point me in the right direction. 

Many thanks! 

49579352372_194987897a_c.jpg

#2 Jii

Jii

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pirkkala, Finland

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

There are at least plenty of video tutorials available, these came up from APT's forum:

https://aptforum.com...php?f=20&t=3041

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics