•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2020 Winter Star Party (Southern Cross Astronomical Society)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Swordfishy

Swordfishy

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Miami, FL

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:15 PM

Hello everyone. Just sharing 2 of the images taken while at this past weeks WSP under the darks skies of the Florida Keys. I was only there Thursday and Friday, and the weather was spotty those two days. Was able to complete just these 2 shots. 

Orion was total 1 hour RGB data. Could not use the Luminance since it blew out the core, even at 30 second subs. Still I feel it is my best work to date, it has been a long year, but I am hooked!

Horse Head was just 25 minutes per channel, and 30 for Luminance. Processed in Pixinsight.

ZWO ASI 183MM with Astronomik LRGB filter set. Losmandy G11 with SiTech Go To system. Takahashi FSQ 85 scope. Seeing was above average, but nothing to write home about. Still dark sky is dark sky... I was guiding at .62 total RMS at 1.02 pixel scale for most of the night.

https://www.flickr.c.../183884205@N03/ for full resolution

Attached Thumbnails

• 49579901636_b25993d405_c.jpg
  • 49579901836_d3a5ad3129_k.jpg

• SilverLitz and klaussius like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics