•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dust and speck of paper inside a new triplet

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 ngc7319_20

ngc7319_20

Apollo

• Loc: MD

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:38 AM

I have been using ZWO Luminance filter, 0.3s at gain 0 subs, unstreched.

OK, so it is Luminance filter.  The small differences between the intra- and extra-focal images are probably small color effects. I usually use a Green filter for star tests like this.  It is very nice lens!

• Palmito likes this

#102 Palmito

Palmito

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lausanne, Switzerland

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:06 AM

Palmito please keep in mind that the world is coming to a hold with the COVID-19 crisis. That will surely effect any shipping, returning refunding or custom affairs.

Stay safe and healthy!

I am very aware. I live, 230 km away from Milano, where the death toll has been the highest worldwide so far.

Also Switzerland shares borders with Italy, France, Germany and Austria. Which are all confined.

BTW, I honestly hope both our countries comes to reason and do the same !

The shop is open for business and expediting goods, it is well advertised on their website.

For sure the pandemia prevents me from ordering a new one before months. But it doesn't prevent them from providing information and documents for a return to happen.

To me this is ill-will, they don't give me instructions, they don't answer all my questions, I believe they try and make it the most difficult possible, in order for me not to return it.

It is obvious, that if I have to pay EUR 300 to send it back plus I am not getting my tax refund which is substantially higher than that, it just makes my loss greater than if I keep it.

Many thanks Erik, you too !

#103 Palmito

Palmito

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

OK, so it is Luminance filter.  The small differences between the intra- and extra-focal images are probably small color effects. I usually use a Green filter for star tests like this.  It is very nice lens!

Next time I'll try with a Green filter and a 33% obstruction.

About that, should I secure my obstruction with nylon cable, or is a spider ok (3D printed obstruction with spider) ?

#104 ngc7319_20

ngc7319_20

Apollo

• Loc: MD

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:23 AM

Next time I'll try with a Green filter and a 33% obstruction.

About that, should I secure my obstruction with nylon cable, or is a spider ok (3D printed obstruction with spider) ?

Yes, Green filter.

You do not need an obstruction.  I know some people like to use one to judge the spherical correction, but I feel it is not needed.

If you want to use obstruction, I would try very thin nylon fishing line.  Perhaps 3 or 4 pieces of nylon.  The nylon does not need to be black -- clear or white will work OK.

Maybe better seeing, too.

#105 Palmito

Palmito

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

Yes, Green filter.

You do not need an obstruction.  I know some people like to use one to judge the spherical correction, but I feel it is not needed.

If you want to use obstruction, I would try very thin nylon fishing line.  Perhaps 3 or 4 pieces of nylon.  The nylon does not need to be black -- clear or white will work OK.

Maybe better seeing, too.

Great, thanks for everything!

Yes, better seeing too indeed!

If pandemia has given me more time and convenience to shoot, it definitely not made the seeing better lol.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics