•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron screw specs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

You don't know Swift from Astrola

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

What size screws are used to hold the front and rear cells onto the Celestron 8?  Length as well. 

Looks to be an orange model but can't tell for sure, it's been repainted flat black overall.

Thanks in advance.

• Augustus likes this

#2 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

Be OH so careful and also for newbies:  Any screws in the rear cell can go all the way through and hit the primary mirror and bust up the glass. Length on these are custom depending on what they hold. Things with a thick flange will have longer screws,  thin things will have shorter screws, and just the cell mounts probably the shortest.  It is possible to intall a screw that is too long by missing the primary, then hitting the glass into the screw when focusing.  Nuff said, learn about it.

• AstroKerr likes this

#3 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

You don't know Swift from Astrola

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

I mentioned length, was concerned about primary mirror strike.  Just hoping someone knew the right thread off the top of their head, would save me some time.  No worries.

• AstroKerr likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics