•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Modest Open Clusters in Cancer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DubbelDerp

DubbelDerp

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

I spent some time the other day shooting a multiple panel mosaic of Orion, but with it setting so early these days, I pointed my camera at the Beehive Cluster and let it run the rest of the night. This image is nothing special, but I kind of like the simplicity of a star field dotted with open clusters. 

This is a widefield image of the constellation Cancer (almost, I missed one star) with M44, the beehive cluster, and the open cluster M67. This was imaged with my Ha modded Canon 600D, fantastic plastic 50mm f/1.8 stopped down to f/4.5, unguided on my iOptron skyguider pro. 65 180-second subs, 30 darks, 30 flats, and 30 dark flats. Bortle 3.5-ish skies and about 4’ of snow on the ground. Processed in APP and final tweaks in GIMP. 

This may not be as flashy as an emission nebula, but wow, that’s a lot of stars for a region of the sky without a lot going on!

Astrobin link: https://www.astrobin...5bki2f/?nc=user

As always, C&C welcome! Really would like to know what I can do to improve. 

-Todd

C971A300-B913-41FF-9158-1CFEDF4600A1.jpeg

• rekokich and mackiedlm like this

#2 mackiedlm

mackiedlm

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:21 AM

I spent some time the other day shooting a multiple panel mosaic of Orion, but with it setting so early these days, I pointed my camera at the Beehive Cluster and let it run the rest of the night. This image is nothing special, but I kind of like the simplicity of a star field dotted with open clusters. 

This is a widefield image of the constellation Cancer (almost, I missed one star) with M44, the beehive cluster, and the open cluster M67. This was imaged with my Ha modded Canon 600D, fantastic plastic 50mm f/1.8 stopped down to f/4.5, unguided on my iOptron skyguider pro. 65 180-second subs, 30 darks, 30 flats, and 30 dark flats. Bortle 3.5-ish skies and about 4’ of snow on the ground. Processed in APP and final tweaks in GIMP. 

This may not be as flashy as an emission nebula, but wow, that’s a lot of stars for a region of the sky without a lot going on!

Astrobin link: https://www.astrobin...5bki2f/?nc=user

As always, C&C welcome! Really would like to know what I can do to improve. 

-Todd

attachicon.gifC971A300-B913-41FF-9158-1CFEDF4600A1.jpeg

I like that, and I not sure there is much to improve.

• DubbelDerp likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics