•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

baader T2 extension rings wont fit on my t threads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 adamphillips

adamphillips

Messenger

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

has anybody else bought the baader extension ring set? with little extension rings .6, .8, 1mm, etc...

I just got mine and they do not fit around my t threads. the threads im talking about are stellarvue flatteners, and reducers. just like on the end of my QSI. pretty sure its M42.

Baader says these terms are all used interchangeably. why are their rings too small? or did I purchase the wrong ones? I don't see how that could be, they are just barely too small

#2 james7ca

james7ca

Cosmos

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

You'll have to make a single cut (cross ways) to the spacer/washer to allow it to fit around some threads (this will make it a split ring). I often cut mine using an Exacto blade or utility knife. Just set the washer on a hard and flat surface and press the blade down on the washer until it cuts (it kind of pops,  it’s a very hard plastic).

Edited by james7ca, 26 February 2020 - 10:41 PM.

#3 adamphillips

adamphillips

Messenger

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:01 PM

ok, thanks that does make sense. luckily I just need a .8mm o its not the thickest. that will work.

I wonder if theres instructions anywhere.

the reason It seemed so weird to me is ive purchased a couple 2mm extension rings from stellarvue and they just fit right over, no need to cut them

#4 AstroBrett

AstroBrett

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:28 AM

The Astronomy Threads Explained article will probably clarify your question about why:

https://agenaastro.c...-explained.html

Brett

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics