•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Okie-Tex 2020 registration opens

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Chucky

Chucky

Apollo

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:04 PM

With social distancing.....for me at least.....this takes  away one of the reasons I'd drive over 1,200 miles to attend.  With having to social distance and be unable to share views with different scopes, I doubt I'll attend.   And most likely the flea markets wouldn't happen and who knows how the dinner seating would work.  All and all, I'm just not sure it is worth it.  A personal call obviously.  Now if it wasn't such a long drive.

Edited by Chucky, 30 April 2020 - 03:25 PM.

• Augustus likes this

#27 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

• Loc: Pueblo, CO

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:08 PM

On the other hand, if one goes mainly for the dark skies, some restrictions will be a small price to pay. I do wonder though just how meals would be dealt with. Not a big deal for me as I plan on bringing enough food.

• Augustus likes this

#28 Ed Wiley

Ed Wiley

Vanguard

• Loc: Texas, USA

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:59 AM

Although the probability of attending is close to zero given my age, I am registering to help contribute to the new building. OKCAC is my club, Okie-Tex is the best star party around, the tent sucks. Its the least I can do. See Y'all in 2021!

Ed

Georgetown, TX

• DeanS, CCD-Freak, txmnjim and 2 others like this

#29 Allan Wade

Allan Wade

Skylab

• Loc: Newcastle, Australia

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:31 AM

Although the probability of attending is close to zero given my age, I am registering to help contribute to the new building. OKCAC is my club, Okie-Tex is the best star party around, the tent sucks. Its the least I can do. See Y'all in 2021!

Ed

Georgetown, TX

Hey Ed. I’m going to face a real challenge to get out of Australia any time this year. Then if I do, once I get home I will be locked inside a hotel room for 14 days, so that’s quite a sacrifice to make for a week at Okie-Tex. It’s disappointing to miss my favourite star party, but what can you do. See everyone in 2021.

• txmnjim likes this

#30 Ed Wiley

Ed Wiley

Vanguard

• Loc: Texas, USA

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:41 AM

Hi Allan:

I hope you are spending some quality time at your observatory during the pandemic. It is hard to say how things will shape up as the Okie-Tex draws near. I suspect that at minimum there will be no sleeping in the bunk houses and (I hope) everyone will practice social distancing and wear face masks in the chow line. See you in 2021!

Ed

• txmnjim likes this

#31 mogur

mogur

Soyuz

• Loc: Pueblo, CO

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:32 PM

Hi Allan:

I hope you are spending some quality time at your observatory during the pandemic. It is hard to say how things will shape up as the Okie-Tex draws near. I suspect that at minimum there will be no sleeping in the bunk houses and (I hope) everyone will practice social distancing and wear face masks in the chow line. See you in 2021!

Ed

How does one eat with a mask on?

#32 DeanS

DeanS

Aurora

• Loc: Central Kentucky

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:56 PM

How does one eat with a mask on?

Blender and a straw?? :)

• CCD-Freak likes this

#33 spereira

spereira

Vanguard

• ****-
  • Moderators
  • Loc: Bedford, NH

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

As has already been posted in another topic here, let's not turn this into a virus/distancing etc related discussion folks...

There is a dedicated topic for that in the Off Topic Observatory forum.

smp

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics