•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Switching from DSLR to ZWO ASI 294 Pro MC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 poofer

poofer

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:22 PM

I have imaged for years with a Canon 30D on a 8 inch F4 Newt. I switched to OSC ZWO 294  MC. It is mounted on my C6 with a F6.3 Celestron reducer and the correct 105 mm distance from reducer to ZWO 29 4 sensor. I imaged the Rosette nebula other night 20 frames,gain 280, 60 sec exposures, 1x1 bin.  My old setup was super on IR DSOs. Too slow of scope, C6 F6.3? M42 was super, lots of color detail. Do I need a filter to pick up the IR? Vignetting is bad.

Thanks Pat

Attached Thumbnails

• rosetteNEB.jpg

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

Hubble

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

Vignetting is cured by bias (or dark flats) and flats.  Without them, you're likely to trash the nebula while trying to make the vignetting less noticeable. 

20 minutes is way too little total imaging time.  My rule of thumb is one hour minimum, two is better, four good.

Do those things, and reduce the gain.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics