•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sweet little Virtuoso

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 khingdheano

khingdheano

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Dallas, TX

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

Had my SW Virtuoso 90mm Mak out tonight for a look at Luna. View was quite crisp using Agena Astro Starguider 25mm (50x), watched the crater Theophilus go from solid black shadow to the central peak just catching the light of Lunar dawn. I use this scope for grab n go, also for travel. Cool thing tonight was, I lined it up on Polaris, turned on the drive, swooped over to the moon, and I'll be d**** if the drive didn't keep the target in the field of view for over an hour. I hypothesize that the batteries that power the mount (8 AA) might have been failing just enough to compensate for the lunar tracking rate, because it sure seemed like the mount was on it. The default (and only) tracking rate of this mount is sidereal, AFAIK. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics