•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TheSkyXPro and Autoguiding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pandawee

pandawee

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 February 2020 - 03:14 AM

So I'm trying to set up my autoguider (Lodestar) to TheSkyX but for some reason every time I try to connect it gives the error "Could not open communications port. The port is either in use by another application or not recognized by the system. Error = 201."

Now I had this problem last weekend so today I tried troubleshooting the problem and put in the autoguider first before anything else, and it worked fine. However, come night time when the imaging process is actually taking place, it gives this error again no matter what I try. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

#2 dandra

dandra

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:16 AM

Sounds like a conflict with virtual COM ports in Windows. Open Windows device manager then check the assignment of COM ports. The guider is attempting to connect with a port already in use. Check the manual, but there should be a way to specify a COM port for the guider. Just select one not already in use.

If the problem persists, post to the Software Bisque support page and someone there will have the answer.

David

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics