•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone using ESATTO 2" robotic microfocuser

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ribuck

ribuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Newcastle, England

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:28 AM

Hi All,

Just looking to build a new imaging rig and wondered if anyone out there is using the ESATTO 2" robotic microfocuser. 

I like the look of this focuser for use with a 10" / 12" Skywatcher Quattro but i can't find a single review of the product anywhere on the internet, which is odd as you normally have review even if they are bad.

Cheers,

Richard.

#2 Varnius

Varnius

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:00 AM

I think it was only released last September, so this may be the reason of zero reviews in existence. Anyway, I'm using it on SW Quattro 8". It's also my first motorised focuser ever, so cannot really compare it with anything else but looks and feels sturdy and works well with my imaging train (coma corrector, miniEFW and ASI1600, also OAG with Lodestar). I'm using it with SGPro and it's doing it's work just fine - always a nice v-curve when doing autofocus.

#3 ribuck

ribuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

Hi Varnius, 

Do you find that it always nails the focusing ?  I use SGPro so it's good to hear that you get a nice V-Curve each time you focus. Also, do you have any issues with Back Focus ? - What coma corrector do you use with you scope ?

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by ribuck, 23 March 2020 - 04:00 PM.

#4 ribuck

ribuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:49 AM

I also curious about vignetting with this focuser. Could you post up a flat image

Cheers,

Rich

#5 Benach

Benach

Vanguard

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

Vignetting is determined by the diameter of the fully illuminated fov, the length, diameter of the focusser and the focal ratio. Looking at the photo's, I doubt it will be much different than other low profile focussers such as the Feathertouch focussers.

#6 ribuck

ribuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

just a shame there are no reviews - you would think by now - 6 months after release that somebody would be reviewing it.

#7 Varnius

Varnius

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Hi Varnius, 

Do you find that it always nails the focusing ?  I use SGPro so it's good to hear that you get a nice V-Curve each time you focus. Also, do you have any issues with Back Focus ? - What coma corrector do you use with you scope ?

Cheers,

Rich

I have no complaints about focus I'm getting with Esatto. Again, I have nothing to compare with (except with when I did it by hand - now it's better). smile.gif
No problem with backfocus but I think it's not really related to the focuser as long as you can achieve focus. I'm using Skywatcher Aplanatic Coma Corrector.

I also curious about vignetting with this focuser. Could you post up a flat image

Cheers,

Rich

No difference in vignetting compared to default Crayford that I used before.

Edited by Varnius, 25 March 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#8 ribuck

ribuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

Many thanks Varnius

#9 Varnius

Varnius

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:15 PM

Btw, here's a flat:
https://drive.google...0NvtGOStSGIHfYl

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics