•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ADM VX8 Dovetail Rail system for Celestron 8"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WoodlandsAstronomer

WoodlandsAstronomer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

Picked up the ADM VX* dovetail rail system for Celestron 8" SCT per a recommendation on this forum. It included a rear base plate with two hex screws that go into the back of the OTA and a single hex screw for the front of the OTA.  The front hex screw is sightly larger and I easily found a fit in my collection of drivers.  However, the two rear hex screws are smaller and even though I have about a dozen small size drivers, none of them fit these small hex screws. I didn't find a courtesy driver in the bags, so now I'm stuck unless I get to a hardware store, but I hate to get out. I'd rather order one for delivery. Anyone happen to know the size of those rear hex screws?? I know, longshot question....

#2 coopman

coopman

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:07 PM

Does it go in the same location as the stock dovetail bar, but just uses radial blocks?

#3 aa6ww

aa6ww

Vanguard

• Loc: Sacramento, Calif.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:14 AM

Send a link from the ADM site on what bar you are talking about. Googling "ADM VX* dovetail rail system for Celestron 8" SCT" comes up with too many options.

...Ralph
  • WoodlandsAstronomer likes this

#4 WoodlandsAstronomer

WoodlandsAstronomer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

Thanks, I emailed ADM and they responded rather promptly. This is for the ADM VC8 dovetail rail system for Celestron 8" SCTs

For posterity sake...

The larger screws are 10-24 and use 1/8 allen wrench.

The smaller screws are 8-32 and use 3/32 allen wrench.

• eros312 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics