•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M35 First

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Diomedes

Diomedes

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New York City

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

First attempt at M35. I took this through my apartment window. I wanted to see how my new SLT mount would perform. I mounted my T6i attached to a Skywatcher 72mm, and took 20x12s shots and 20 darks. Edited in Photoshop to stretch and added some diffraction spikes because I like them.  I would have taken some flats but it was a spur of the moment kinda thing. 

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

about M35 https://www.messier-...com/messier-35/

Edited by Diomedes, 26 March 2020 - 08:34 AM.

• zjc26138, Hypoxic, Dustyhills and 1 other like this

#2 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oise, France

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:12 AM

Nice sharp photo! I like the diffraction spikes as well, I think they have their place in images like this.

• Diomedes likes this

#3 colinrm

colinrm

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Akron, Ohio

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:52 AM

Yeah, focus and processing are awesome!

• Diomedes likes this

#4 Diomedes

Diomedes

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New York City

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

Thanks guys, it took me a hour to focus lol I could not see anything in the live view. So it was take a picture, and adjust, take picture, adjust, and so on. I have more pictures adjusting than I do of the target. 

#5 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oise, France

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:57 AM

Thanks guys, it took me a hour to focus lol I could not see anything in the live view. So it was take a picture, and adjust, take picture, adjust, and so on. I have more pictures adjusting than I do of the target. 

I’m right there with you. Getting M51 to frame well last night is the same process. Too far right, still too far, too low, too far left...

• Diomedes likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics