•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Clave catalogs and information sources - Cross Optics 1978 Catalog

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astroroman

astroroman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Rome, Italy

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:40 AM

Hi Folks, 

I'm going in deep (as long is possible) in Ets Clavé Paris history and I see there is very few original material on the web. The most important source is the 1985 catalog and price list published on a french site, but we need more!

Some information is on advertisement like the one in the Nautical Almanac Year 1979.

There is on Clavé also a Facebook page.

A good source in USA was probably the Cross Optics Catalog (I'm aware of the 1978 version at least), that was sold on some site a couple of time. So, does someone have one copy of this catalog and should be so keen to provide me a scan of it?

Obiouvsly any other kind of Clavé information should be precious for me. So, please share! And so do I.

Thank you very much!

• tim53 likes this

#2 tim53

tim53

Voyager 1

• Loc: Highland Park, CA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:16 AM

Gene Cross used to show up at RTMC.  He may have been there last September, IIRC.  I don't know if he's a member here, but someone else might.

-Tim.

• astroroman and G-Tower like this

#3 astroroman

astroroman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Rome, Italy

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:23 AM

Thany you Tim. I think Gene Cross could be a member here as well. 

#4 francesco italy

francesco italy

Vostok 1

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:13 AM

I know that our optician Maurizio Forghieri from Carpi, Italy, Is the owner of a Clavè catalogue, I will ask to him !

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics