•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Drift align problem with LX600

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lindhard

Lindhard

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: N 55° 30' -- E 8° 26'

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

After repair works in my observatory  I have put my Meade 14" LX600 back on the pier and have made a polar alignment. To refine the alignment I have then used the Drift Align function with Starlock. But there seems to be a problem. The alignment begins ok and I can see the time go with the seconds on the handbox, but every time it gets to 200 secs it stops and says "star lost", then it starts all over. It is every time and exactly on 200.  

Has anyone else seen that and what goes wrong here?

#2 AF7JQ

AF7JQ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Concho Valley, Arizona 6500Ft ASL

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM

My first thought would be the alignment is off, but you said you did that. And you said you were re-installing the scope, so I assume Starlock worked previously and was focused,.  What is the scope balance like? When in Polar mode you have to balance all three axis...just moving the bottom weights around won't do it.

Let us know what you find!

John

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics