•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

USB3 that I can terminate?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:57 PM

I would like to run a USB3 cable through the CEM60 mount that I have but the hole in the saddle is small and the end will not fit. Is there a solution to a USB3 that I can run and then terminate the end myself?

TIA

Chris

• OldManSky likes this

#2 Cometeer

Cometeer

Vanguard

• Loc: SF Bay Area, California or Illinois

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:00 PM

Use USB-C and then add a USC-C to USB-3 converter. USB C is slimmer than USB 3. 

• jdupton, Cfreerksen and OldManSky like this

#3 OldManSky

OldManSky

Gemini

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:10 PM

I just ran a USB 3 cable up through my CEM60 today :)

The simple solution is to remove the saddle and the existing port board on the back of the saddle (it’s not hard), feed the cable through, then put it back together. I didn’t run mine there, since I mount with Losmandy plates I just run it on top of the saddle in the Vixen plate slot, where there’s plenty of room.

If you haven’t watched this, I suggest you do :)https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Oy8ilrOm3vA

#4 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

I just ran a USB 3 cable up through my CEM60 today smile.gif

The simple solution is to remove the saddle and the existing port board on the back of the saddle (it’s not hard), feed the cable through, then put it back together. I didn’t run mine there, since I mount with Losmandy plates I just run it on top of the saddle in the Vixen plate slot, where there’s plenty of room.

If you haven’t watched this, I suggest you do smile.gifhttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=Oy8ilrOm3vA

Thanks for the video.

Chris

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics