•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iEQ30 Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oise, France

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:31 AM

I’m looking into a new mount to step up from my Skyguider Pro. I’m going to use it with my W.O. Z61 DSLR setup and may step up to a 72mm or 80mm scope later on. I was just wondering if anyone has the iEQ30 Pro mount and could share any impressions good or bad.

I’m also looking at the CEM25P and HEQ5. I would like to stay in the 1500- price range unless there is really good reason to go up into the 2000+ Range.

#2 GoldSpider

GoldSpider

Viking 1

• Loc: Pennsylvania

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:31 AM

I’m looking into a new mount to step up from my Skyguider Pro. I’m going to use it with my W.O. Z61 DSLR setup and may step up to a 72mm or 80mm scope later on. I was just wondering if anyone has the iEQ30 Pro mount and could share any impressions good or bad.

I’m also looking at the CEM25P and HEQ5. I would like to stay in the 1500- price range unless there is really good reason to go up into the 2000+ Range.

I had an iEQ30-Pro before trading up to handle bigger OTAs, and loved it.  It was more than enough to steer my 80mm imaging rig.  If you've never had an iOptron mount, you'll love how quietly it slews.  Just don't try to guide and run the mount's PEC routine at the same time; doesn't work.  

#3 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oise, France

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:37 AM

I had an iEQ30-Pro before trading up to handle bigger OTAs, and loved it.  It was more than enough to steer my 80mm imaging rig.  If you've never had an iOptron mount, you'll love how quietly it slews.  Just don't try to guide and run the mount's PEC routine at the same time; doesn't work.  

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input.

BTW, your avatar had me guessing for the longest time; I had seen it here before. “I know this villain, but from where?” Finally had to google it; Space Ghost. Took me way back.

Edited by Hypoxic, 27 March 2020 - 07:41 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics