•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First comet: C/2017 T2 (PanSTARRS)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Paul Garais

Paul Garais

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sendenhorst, Germany

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:46 AM

Hey guys,

after a very long (last astrophoto made at 30th of December 2019) dry spell, I was spoiled with a full week of clear nights with no moon up! Since it was windy throughout the week, I used a small refractor for wider fields instead of my Newtonian for galaxy season. One of the "by-products" is the attached image of C/2017 T2 (PanSTARRS). It is my first image of a comet and since I had the opportunity and time, I tried it.

The image was taken in the night from 25.03.2020 to 26.03.2020. I framed it so I got vdB 8 and 9 within the same frame. But I first need to figure out, how to combine the comet-stack with the star-stack. So just a cutout of the come-stack.
I like the colors of the comet and especially the color gradients from the core to outer parts of the tail.

I think I need to get some more knowledge on comet photography. Seems to be a fun part of astrophotography smile.gif

–Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• c2017t2.jpg

• Mert, nicknacknock, Dhellis59 and 4 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics