•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

60mm Telescope and the Moon

equipment moon observing
  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 rerun

rerun

Viking 1

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:03 AM

Thomas,

I made a lot of post about my new TAK when I got my FOA 60 ,which was very new on the market at that time. And I wanted to show what a fine scope it is. Especialy as a grab n go refractor ,with great performance .

You have a very big collection of Takahashi Scopes . So you could made a lot of interesting comparisons smile.gif   Do you want to find out which scopes are the best for you ,or in the end do you keep them all ?

clear skies

Markus

#102 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:11 PM

I had a TV60 for about three years,I found limitations at 60mm aperture and found it as easy to set up something a bit larger, say 71or 80mm or even a small newt , Dave.

#103 Sasa

Sasa

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Ricany, Czech Republic

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:10 PM

Was out this evening for a short Moon session. 60mm refractor is very handy in these situations. I liked very much the long shadows of Plato walls casted on the crater's floor and I made this quick sketch 

th_Moon_Plato_20210220_1650UT.png

• daquad, Astrojensen, rerun and 3 others like this

#104 rerun

rerun

Viking 1

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:07 AM

A few nights ago ,Moon observing with my FOA 60.

clear skies

Markus

DSC00920

• Sasa, BFaucett and JeremySh like this

#105 pdxmoon

pdxmoon

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Oregon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:41 PM

I'm late to this post. Not sure what the OP decided on. I will say the TAK I have (see my Lunar scopes) gave me the best views of the lunar surface I've ever had. The contrast of a TAK, even an old classic like I have, cannot be beat.

My 60 achros, especially the 62mm Unitron, also give great views.

But the best I own by far in the 60mm category is the AT60. I'm 67 now. I look at the moon. I use this scope the most of any other scope. I know what I'm looking for. I even use binoviewers with it. In short, it is a magnificent, no brainer, easy peasy great scope.

Sometimes if I'm yearning for closer views , I'll set up the Celestron Mak 127 with the tracking next to the AT 60. I can get insane views with that Mak. But I still love the AT 60.

• Astrojensen and Sasa like this

#106 daquad

daquad

Surveyor 1

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:48 PM

Was out this evening for a short Moon session. 60mm refractor is very handy in these situations. I liked very much the long shadows of Plato walls casted on the crater's floor and I made this quick sketch 

th_Moon_Plato_20210220_1650UT.png

Quick sketch?  Looks like a work of art.  I could be at the eyepiece for an hour and not come close to your rendition.

Nice work.

Dom Q.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, moon, observing

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics