•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astrodon or Chroma LRGB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

So, after i got SII days ago now i am only left with LRGB to complete the set of 7 filters, and to match it i have only one of two choices, either Astrodon E-series or Chroma.

I didn't see much from Chroma LRGB to be honest, i feel like it is still going through more tests and experimenting by people without final clear statement, sure it is a high quality maker, and the filters should be, but i care about the final result from the filters, halo, color rendition, parfocal,...etc.

So, any final comparison somewhere yet?

#2 scadvice

scadvice

Surveyor 1

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:22 PM

Some people who I respect and have both have said they feel Chroma is as good. I based my purchase on their comments and went with Chroma. But I'm still in the setup stage so I can't say one way or another beside being a bit of a mono rooky... 

Edited by scadvice, 28 March 2020 - 08:23 PM.

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:34 PM

Some people who I respect and have both have said they feel Chroma is as good. I based my purchase on their comments and went with Chroma. But I'm still in the setup stage so I can't say one way or another beside being a bit of a mono rooky... 

I hope you are not talking about narrowbanding filters because for that i believe they are the same and i went with 2 NB Chroma filters but didn't test them yet, i was talking about LRGB, so if you were talking about LRGB then that will be nice, but did they compare or which version of AD LRGB, E-Series or I-Series or it doesn't matter?

#4 scadvice

scadvice

Surveyor 1

• Vendors

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:47 PM

I hope you are not talking about narrowbanding filters because for that i believe they are the same and i went with 2 NB Chroma filters but didn't test them yet, i was talking about LRGB, so if you were talking about LRGB then that will be nice, but did they compare or which version of AD LRGB, E-Series or I-Series or it doesn't matter?

My statement was based on the LRGB set and I also bought a Na, OIII, and Sll separately at that time. I can't answer your last question as I don't recall.

#5 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:31 PM

My statement was based on the LRGB set and I also bought a Na, OIII, and Sll separately at that time. I can't answer your last question as I don't recall.

It is ok, no problem, i can wait and watch

Thank you very much!

#6 scadvice

scadvice

Surveyor 1

• Vendors

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:40 PM

AF Wan... if I recall the spelling right.

Edited by scadvice, 28 March 2020 - 11:45 PM.

#7 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

AF Wan... if I recall the spelling right.

lol.giflol.giflol.gifgrin.gifwaytogo.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics